Privacy notice mediathek.deutschebahn.com
We greatly appreciate your visit to our website, and we would like to explain in full our procedures for collecting and processing your personal data.
The following privacy information provides you with an overview of how your data is collected and processed.
Who is responsible for data processing?
Deutsche Bahn AG
Potsdamer Platz 2
is the controller for data collection and processing.
The appointed privacy officer is Ms Dr. Marein Müller.
What data do we collect, and how and why do we process your data?
We collect and process your data for specific purposes, which can arise from technical necessities, contractual requirements or users' express wishes.
To fulfil a contract, we require you to provide us with personal data. This data is required for sending images and carrying out related user management.
This applies in the following cases:
Registration and sign-in on mediathek.deutschebahn.com
The following compulsory information is collected to create an account on mediathek.deutschebahn.com. It is not possible to create a personal account without this information. All other personal information is optional.
- Form of address
- First and last name
- E-mail address
Legal basis of data processing
If we ask for and receive your consent to perform processing operations on your personal data, your consent is considered, in accordance with point (a) of Article 6(1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as the legal basis for performing such processing operations.
For processing of personal data required to fulfil the contract with you, the contract shall be the legal basis in accordance with point (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. Point (b) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR shall also apply to processing procedures which are required for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, for instance in inquiries relating to our products or services.
If our company is subject to a legal obligation requiring the processing of personal data (for instance, for carrying out tax-related obligations), the processing shall be based on point (c) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR.
How long is your data stored for?
We store your data only for as long as it is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected (for instance, as part of a contractual relationship) or to comply with legal requirements. Therefore, in the context of a contractual relationship, we will store your data at least until full and final completion of the contract. The data shall then be retained for the duration of the legal retention periods.
What rights do users of mediathek.deutschebahn.com have?
- You can request information about what data relating to you is stored.
- You can request the correction, deletion and blocking of your personal data as long as this is permitted by law and possible within the scope of an existing contractual relationship.
- You have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for Deutsche Bahn AG is: Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstrasse 219, 10969 Berlin, Germany, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to portability of the data which you have provided to us based on a declaration of consent or a contract (data portability).
- If you grant us consent to use your data, you can withdraw it at any time using the same method you used to grant it. Any processing of your personal data that took place from the time at which you granted your consent to the time at which you withdrew it shall still be considered to have been lawful.
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on our overriding legitimate interest or is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
To exercise your rights, simply contact us at the following address:
Deutsche Bahn AG
Potsdamer Platz 2
10785 Berlin, Germany
Alternatively, you can send us an e-mail at email@example.com
For the purpose of performing a contract, it is generally necessary for us to involve processors, from parties such as computer centre operators, printing or shipping service providers, or other parties involved in performing the contract, who are bound by instructions from us.
The external service providers that we hire to process data are carefully selected and subject to strict contractual obligations. The service providers follow our instructions, and this is guaranteed by strict contractual regulations, technical and organisational measures, as well as supplementary checks and controls
Furthermore, transmission of your data only takes place where you have given your express consent or on the basis of a statutory requirement.
Data will not be transferred to third countries outside the EU/EEA or to an international organisation unless appropriate guarantees have been provided. These include the EU standard contractual clauses and an adequacy decision from the EU Commission.
Update to the data privacy notice
We adjust the data privacy notice to reflect changes to functionalities or changes to the legal situation. We therefore recommend that you review the data privacy notice at regular intervals. If your consent is required or parts of the data privacy notice are contained within rules of the contractual relationship, changes will be made only with your consent.
Last modified in January 2022